Our Choice Recommendation
- 50-HOURS OF CONTINUOUS MIST: Enjoy extended relief with our cool mist humidifier for bedroom, providing up to 50...
- PERFECT FOR ANY ROOM UP TO 500 SQUARE FEET: Create an oasis of comfort in any space with our room humidifier,...
- ALLERGY, SINUS, CONGESTION, AND DRY SKIN RELIEF: Breathe easier with our bedroom humidifier, providing a soothing...
- Learn the bad effects poor air quality can have on your health
- Know what type of humidifier works best versus air contaminants
- Check out our list of great humidifiers to buy for this purpose
Are you or your loved ones regularly suffering from allergies?
Do you want to try out a humidifier that can help improve air quality and reduce allergies?
Are you looking for more information on the types of humidifiers that can be good for this purpose?
***NOTE: Know exactly how much humidity is in your air at home. A great hygrometer will reliably detect your home humidity levels whenever and wherever you need to know them.
There are a host of humidifiers out there in the market that are available today, but not all may serve the exact purpose that you are looking for. Also, not everyone suffers from the same type of allergies, and the reasons are also often quite different.
Today, we are first taking a look at how poor air quality can impact your health and if it can cause any allergies. We then take a detailed look at the types of humidifiers that are available specifically for allergies and why they may be effective. We share with you detailed reviews of the 3 of the most popular humidifiers that you can buy from Amazon and we also give you a look at their price range, their functions and their pros and cons based on what real users are saying. So before you make a buying decision, do read the article to find out what can work best for you.
How can poor air quality cause an allergic reaction in people?
Poor air quality is cause for many health problems, some of which are as below:
- Inflammation in the airways
- Eye irritation
- Problems in the respiratory tract
- Coughing and irritation in the nose
- Secretion of mucous
- Problems in lung functions
- Breathing difficulties
- Headache, fatigue
- Worsening of asthma
Is everyone prone to suffering from allergies due to irritants in the air?
Irritants in the air can affect everyone, whether it is a child or an adult. Also, while the intensity of the problem may differ, it usually leads to some or other health issues. Here is a look at what can increase the risk:
Scientists feel that people usually inherit the tendency towards getting allergies from either one or both the parents.
This is also higher in cases of children who develop allergies.
When your immune system is not strong, such as when you are suffering from or have recently recovered from an illness, you are more prone to developing an allergy.
What humidifier type are the best humidifiers for allergies?
Here are some of the most popular types of humidifiers that are available in the market and how they can help in removing bacteria and other types of impurities that may be present in the air:
Warm mist humidifiers
These release a warm mist or vapour into the air and help to ease out the mucous secretions.
Cool mist humidifiers
These types of humidifiers are the ones that will release a cool mist or vapour into the air. They are also very quiet and make it easier to breathe by reducing any congestion.
These are also types of cool mist humidifiers and create adequate levels of humidity, which reduces presence of bacteria and germs in the air.
Air washer humidifiers
These types of humidifiers are a type of cool mist humidifier that increases humidity levels and reduce the amount of bacteria and viruses.
Steam vapour humidifiers
These heat the water in a way that it destroys bacteria, mould and algae.
3 Humidifiers For Sale Online Which Are Great For Allergies
Option #1. Levoit Humidifiers, 6L Warm and Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier for Bedroom or Baby’s Room
This humidifier by Levoit is a humidifier that can work in both the warm and cool mist setting. This option lets you increase the levels of humidity by almost 25 percent faster, as compared to humidifiers that only offer cool mist solutions. This offer has a It has advanced PTC heating system which will kill most of the bacteria that are present in the water and will reduce the risk of allergies from them spreading in the air. The increased humidity reduces airborne allergies. Warm mist removes germs, bacteria, mould spores and mineral dust.
- Real-time humidity reader to adjust controls according to your environment.
- Three different levels for your choice of humidity levels.
- This choice reduces static electricity.
- Eases congestion or cough.
- Has the option of adding essential oils.
- Initial odour of strong plastic smell.
- The display could feel too bright.
Option #2. JZK Mini Portable Personal Cool Mist Air Humidifier Diffuser with Blue Night Light for Travel, Desk, Throat, Nose 4 – 8 Hours
This humidifier by JZK comes with the option of both warm and cool mist. This option is light weight and extremely portable, and can be used anywhere, even comfortably in the dark. The amount of vapour it produces is enough to kill the germs and bacteria in your room and helps to ease any signs of coughing or congestion. This offer also makes breathing easier, especially for those who are suffering from any cold or cough. The device can run for 8 hours without the need of refilling or doing anything, which improves sleep time. This choice can be plugged into a USB or a regular wall outlet and is travel compatible.
- Extremely quiet as if there is nothing on.
- The light can be turned off, making it perfect for sleep time.
- Perfect for smaller areas.
- This option has a steady supply of vapour that lasts a long time.
- Easy to use and clean.
- Longer cord makes it easier to place on night stand or tables.
- This offer does not have provision for using essential oils.
- The filter needs to be replaced very fast.
Option #3. Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier (6L)
This humidifier by Everlasting Comfort is a cool mist humidifier that is specifically meant to work in larger rooms. This choice comes with 360 degree rotating nozzles and gives you the option of controlling the amount of mist and steam you want in the room, which will help you increase the levels of humidity as required in your environment. This can bring down the chances of illness and allergies that are caused by germs and bacteria that are present in the air, as the steam will take the humidity levels to over 43 percent in the air. This option has a natural ionizer which is antibacterial, hypoallergenic and antimicrobial.
- Very quiet and perfect for sleep time.
- Tank is easy to fill.
- The water lasts for about 12 to 14 hours and makes it last through the sleep time.
- This offer makes it easier to breathe.
- This choice reduces feeling of dryness and itching.
- This option reduces coughing and cold symptoms that are due to air allergies.
- The light of the device is placed in such a way that it will not interrupt sleep.
- Separate space for using essential oils.
- Modern and sleek design.
- Easy to use and clean.
- Works in large areas.
- Needs to be cleaned very frequently.
- This offer does not have handles which makes it difficult to fill.
- No matter what type of humidifier you are using, make sure to clean it regularly and follow the guidelines for proper use so that it can do its work in the most effective way.
Last update on 2023-10-23 at 01:24 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.