Do you have a Crane humidifier at home?
Are you trying to find out detailed step by step instructions to clean it?
Do you want to know how you can clean a Crane humidifier using vinegar and how often to clean it?
***NOTE: Know exactly how much humidity is in your air at home. A great hygrometer will reliably detect your home humidity levels whenever and wherever you need to know them.
If you are looking for ways to clean your Crane humidifier and how to keep it in good working condition, we have some very essential tips and information for you today. We are essentially talking about everything related to cleaning a Crane humidifier, about its different parts, detailed instructions on how you can clean it with vinegar and more about how often you need to clean it.
What does a Crane humidifier typically look like?
- LARGE ROOM HUMIDIFIER: Crane Drop Ultrasonic Humidifier features an easy-to-clean, detachable top fill tank that...
- ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS: Optional filter slot and variable controls make it easy to set the best humidity level for...
- HSA FSA ELIGIBLE ITEM: Your shopping list of FSA HSA approved products only gets healthier with our soothing...
A Crane humidifier is a type of humidifier that is shaped a little like the bird crane. It has a very cute child-friendly design and the design looks as if the body of the device is moving upwards to the neck to join the head and beak of the crane at the top.
What are the parts of the Crane humidifier?
Before you start to clean the Crane humidifier, it is important that you understand the different parts so that you can clean each of them in the right way. Here is a look at the different parts of the Crane humidifier.
Is it generally easy to clean?
The Crane humidifier is more or less easy to clean and you can easily do so at home on your own, without too much effort or trouble.
How To Clean Your Crane Humidifier (Disinfect with White Vinegar)
It is important to clean your Crane humidifier thoroughly at least once a week, and using white vinegar can help remove any traces of germs and make it ready for use.
Here are some easy to follow step by step instructions on how you can clean your Crane humidifier with the help of white vinegar:
You will need:
How To Clean A Crane Humidifier (STEP-BY-STEP)
- 1Hold the top of the device and pull it slightly upwards so that it comes out of the base.
- 2Take off the top cap.
- 3Now turn the part upside down and unscrew the cap to open up the part through which you fill in water.
- 4Empty all the water into the sink.
- 5Pour in the warm water into the tank.
- 6Now add the 2 tbsp. of white vinegar into the tank inside the water.
- 7Screw the lid of the cap back on.
- 8Now pick up the tank and give it a nice shake for at least 20 to 30 seconds. This will help the water and white vinegar solution spread to all parts inside the tank so that it can clean every area thoroughly.
- 9Once you have shaken up the solution, place it on a sturdy surface and let it sit for at least 40 to 50 minutes.
- 10In the meanwhile, you can start cleaning up the bottom portion of the device.
- 11Pick up the bottom portion and throw out all the water into the sink.
- 12Now you have to repeat the same white vinegar and water solution process for this part of the device too.
- 13Start by filling out 32 ounces of warm water and pour it inside the base. Now add a tbsp. of white vinegar into the water and pour it in such a way that you can spread it evenly through the water.
- 14Make sure that you don’t fill too much water and the plug area does not get submerged in water.
- 15Since you cannot shake this up, you can let it sit on a sturdy surface for at least 30 to 40 minutes so that the white vinegar and water solution can work on the device and help to clean it thoroughly.
Last Part of Humidifier Cleaning - Crane
- 1Once the tank has been sitting for 40 to 50 minutes you can pick it up and give it a nice shake again for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- 2Now you have to unscrew the cap and tilt the tank so that you can throw out all the water and white vinegar solution into the sink.
- 3Once the water is out, turn on the tap and rinse the tank with the fresh water so that you can get rid of any of the vinegar smell.
- 4You can fill in the tank with tap water, put the cap back on tight and give it a nice shake, then throw out the water. You can repeat this process for a few times till you get satisfied that the smell of vinegar is gone.
- 5Once the base has been sitting for 30 to 40 minutes, dump out the water and rinse it under the tap to get the vinegar smell off it.
How often do you need to clean your Crane humidifier?
If you want your Crane humidifier to work well and want to increase and maintain its performance, it is important that you clean it on a very regular basis. If you do not clean it often, the bacteria may breed in the stagnant water and cause damage to the device, as well as be harmful for your overall health.
You should clean your Crane humidifier daily by taking off the tank of the device from the base and emptying out the water from both the tank and the basin. You need to give it a deeper cleaning with a disinfecting agent at least once a week.
Last update on 2023-10-23 at 13:47 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.