Do you use a Vicks Cool Mist humidifier?
Are you looking for clear, easy and effective ways to clean it so that you can maintain the hygiene?
Do you want to know the exact steps that you should take to be able to clean this humidifier properly?
***NOTE: Know exactly how much humidity is in your air at home. A great hygrometer will reliably detect your home humidity levels whenever and wherever you need to know them.
If you have any kind of query regarding how to clean a Vicks Cool mist humidifier, then you can continue reading this article. We will share some of the things that users of this product have to say about it, and also give you detailed and step by step instructions about how you can clean this product, and what kind of materials you may need for doing so.
Also, once you know how to clean it, do read through till the end to know what could go wrong with the humidifier if it is not cleaned on a regular basis, and how it can affect you.
How to a Clean Vicks Cool Mist Humidifier
Here is a step by step instruction guide, along with a complete list of things that you will need to clean this humidifier.
Before you start the cleaning process, make sure to keep the following in mind:
How you can start to clean Vicks cool mist humidifier:
- 1Open up the water tank in the humidifier and empty out any water that may be present in the tank as well as in the reservoir. You can simply throw out the water in the sink.
- 2After you have thrown out the water, remove the mist outlet, the cover of the outlet, as well as the cover of the tank and the mist chamber.
- 3All of these four parts are safe to be cleaned in the top rack of the dishwasher, so you can immediately place them in your dishwasher so that they get a thorough cleaning.
Here is how you can clean the humidifier:
You will need:
How to clean:
- 1Pour the undiluted distilled white vinegar inside the water tank of the humidifier and close the lid.
- 2Next, pick up the humidifier and gently swish it in such a way that the vinegar is able to reach all the areas in the inside of the water tank.
- 3Now place the water tank on its base and you can let it sit like this with the vinegar inside for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- 4This will also allow the vinegar to drain into the water reservoir, as a result of which any mineral that may have started to build up in the wet areas will also come undone.
- 5Once the soaking is done, you can empty out the vinegar into the sink.
- 6Now place the water tank under the tap and fill it with water as you gently rinse it out to remove the smell of vinegar. This may take some time, so if required, you can repeat this process a few times so that there is absolutely no trace of a vinegar smell.
- 7Once you have cleaned out the water tank, you will have to take out the float paddle from inside the reservoir.
- 8Take the soft cloth and use it to wipe the nebulizer as well as the reservoir. Remember that the reservoir will still have some vinegar inside it, because it had earlier drained out from the water tank when you had let it sit for 20 minutes.
- 9Once you have given it a full wipe and clean, you can tilt out the reservoir into the sink so that all the vinegar drains out.
- 10Next, add 1.5 cups of water into the reservoir, rinse it thoroughly and then throw out the water again into the sink. You can keep repeating this step till you are satisfied that the smell of vinegar is completely gone from the reservoir.
After you have done the cleaning:
How often should you clean a Vicks humidifier?
It is very important that you do a very regular and thorough cleaning of the humidifier, so that it does not cause any health issues and prevents the risk of any throat or breathing issues. It is best to do some amount of daily cleaning with this type of a humidifier, and do a more thorough cleaning at least once a week.
3 Great Things People Say About The Vicks Cool Mist humidifier
- VICKS FILTER-FREE COOL MIST HUMIDIFIER: This cool mist humidifier won't need replacement filters, and it's 1.2...
- VICKS HUMIDIFIERS FOR BABIES, KIDS, ADULTS: Humidifiers diffuse moisture into the air, and many women and men find...
- COUGH AND CONGESTION RELIEF: When you or your kid has a cold, it can be difficult to sleep through the night....
If you are not sure whether or not this product will really work for you and if you should go for it, here are some of the things that users really seem to love about the Vicks Cool Mist humidifier.
1. The way it makes your skin feel is really nice
One common thing that most users seem to find very good about the Vicks humidifier is the fact that it releases a lot of cool mist in the air, which immediately helps to relieve your skin of any feeling of dryness and itching. Not only does it feel really good on your skin when the air is refreshed due to the humidifier, but it also makes it easier for you to breathe, and reduces the risk of any sore throat issues or itching in the throat, as it also helps to clear out the airways.
2. The tank holds a lot of water
The tank in the humidifier is where you have to store the water, and the tank in the Vicks humidifier comes with quite a large storage capacity. This means that, even if you run the humidifier at the highest level and run it for a long amount of time you will not need to refill it for a long time.
3. Works without a sound and makes the room smell fresh
One thing that the users really like about this product is that it works so quietly that you won’t even notice that there is a humidifier working in the room. This is also especially good if you have a small baby in the room who is sleeping, or anyone resting, or unwell. The humidifier will do its work without disturbing anyone. The Vicks humidifier also has a vapour pad where you can add some drops of your favourite essential oil if you want to add any particular fragrance to the room.
Last update on 2023-10-22 at 18:15 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.