Our Choice Recommendation
- Desert Spring #DS3200 Disc Furnace Humidifier
- DESERT SPRING PRODUCTS LTD
Are you thinking of installing a furnace humidifier in your home?
What is a furnace humidifier?
How do you install these offers? How are they different from regular tabletop humidifier models?
There are a few different types of furnace humidifiers out there, but they all work under the same basic principles: they push water through the unit to disperse into mist whenever your furnace runs.
These choices are attached to the furnace in a variety of different ways, although they are often meant for connecting to the hot air supply duct of your furnace. This allows the furnace to pick up the moisture from the humidifier and evaporate it, turning it into steam that will be sent through your home when the furnace is in operation.
These types of humidifiers are very different from tabletop ones in that they attach to your furnace and are meant for use in the whole house, rather than just a specific room. And since they use the furnace to run, they provide humidity through hot mist means rather than cool mist, like many tabletop models of humidifiers on the market today.
If you’re looking for a furnace humidifier, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve put together a list of some of the best products on the market today so you’ll be able to check out what’s available and find one that will work well for your needs. Each of these choices is a little different from the last, so there’s truly a good option for everyone.
Check out our list of furnace humidifier reviews below to help you find the right fit for your home.
Desert Spring Disc Furnace Humidifier
If you’re looking for a slightly different take on the home furnace humidifier, check out this Desert Spring Disc Furnace Humidifier instead. This choice is a unique design that doesn’t require a water pad to operate and is meant to be even more hands-off than some of the other low-maintenance choices on our list.
- Customers find this offer very simple to install even without a lot of prior experience with products like this.
- The included directions are easy to follow and make sense of.
- Many customers report this choice not being capable of raising the humidity more than just a small amount in their homes.
- Although this option is meant to be mold-resistant, many customers report it growing mold anyway.
GeneralAire 1000A Humidifier
The GeneralAire 1000A Humidifier is an easy to install and user-friendly furnace humidifier that can be used in homes for up to three thousand square feet of space. It’s made of durable plastic that’s sure to hold up to a lot of use and is easy to maintain and clean when the time comes, too.
- This option can be operated in either automatic or manual mode depending on your needs and preferences.
- This offer runs very quietly.
- Although it’s possible for beginners to install this offer, it may be more complicated than some of the others listed here.
- The customer service for this choice may not be ideal.
Emerson HSP2600 Whole House Steam Humidifier
Install the Emerson HSP2600 Whole House Steam Humidifier when you’re looking for a heavy-duty product that will work for even larger homes. This choice can process up to 26 gallons of water per day to improve the humidity in your home in no time.
- This option is one of the most durable and heavy-duty picks on our list.
- This offer has many features that make it easy to control the output.
- Installation is very difficult with this option.
- Rarely, this offer has arrived with some damage to the unit.
Honeywell HE240A Furnace Humidifier
The Honeywell HE240A Furnace Humidifier is a flow-through style humidifier that is strong enough to handle an entire average-sized house with no trouble. This choice is designed to require very little maintenance throughout the year and is sure to be a welcome addition to any home with dry air during the colder months.
- This humidifier comes from a well-known brand name that has been a part of the home heating and cooling world for a long time.
- The company offers quality customer service and satisfaction if there’s any issues with your humidifier.
- Some customers feel that this offer doesn’t put out enough humidity to make it worth the cost, but this is open to interpretation.
- You will likely need a professional to install this choice unless you have prior experience yourself.
Aprilaire 500 Humidifier
Choose this Aprilaire 500 Humidifier if you’re looking for something with several options. This option is available as either an automatic or manual device and can be purchased for several different home sizes as well as with many different features to choose from depending on your needs, too.
- This humidifier comes with everything you need to hook it up and get started using it right away.
- This offer is made of durable plastic that holds up well to many years of use without showing signs of too much damage.
- The water pad portion of this option doesn’t stay in place very well and can fall out of the humidifier altogether.
- This choice has been known to develop some leaks in rare instances.
We hope this furnace humidifiers review has helped you pick a good product for your home. This option can be a little confusing just getting started with furnace humidifiers, but they can provide a great way to keep up the humidity in your home when the weather turns cold and when you need to be running your furnace more often, too.
As with most types of household appliances and units, it’s important to understand how to handle the upkeep of your furnace humidifier to ensure it will continue running safely and effectively. Keep these tips in mind for cleaning and maintaining your furnace humidifier so it will last for as long as possible:
- At least once a year, before furnace season rolls around, you’ll need to plan to take the furnace humidifier apart and look at the evaporation pad that’s inside it. If you have very hard water, then you may either need to clean or replace the pad. You can clean it with one part water to three parts vinegar by soaking it and rinsing it a few times.
- If your humidifier has a manifold that moves water through the product, it may become damaged from hard water as well. You’ll need to clean it with the same time of water and vinegar solution.
- These options make sure to descale your humidifier according to the packaging directions for the specific model you own.
By keeping all of these in mind, you’ll be able to get stared with a solid regular plan for cleaning and taking care of your humdifier. And this way, you won’t have to worry about your humidifier breaking down as easily due to a lack of maintenance, either.
Last update on 2023-10-23 at 00:07 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.