Our Choice Recommendation
- FILTER-FREE COOL MIST HUMIDIFER – Vicks Mini Cool Mist Humidifier is an essential part of a good night’s sleep...
- QUICK AND EASY TO USE – Vicks filter-free humidifiers don’t require replacement filters With a 5 gallon tank,...
- COUGH AND CONGESTION RELIEF – Filterless humidifiers for the home can be helpful during cold and flu season, when...
- We’ve reviewed the best humidifiers for congested babies to use
- All the features you need to help baby breathe easier are here
- Plus, things to keep in mind when choosing humidifiers for baby
Does your baby have a lot of congestion issues?
What causes congestion in babies anyway?
Can you use a humidifier for babies congestion?
Babies tend to get congested easily, especially if they have allergies or are prone to catching colds. If your baby’s pediatrician has told you to try a humidifier, you may be looking for a good option to help ease your child’s congestion at night and help everyone in the family get a better night’s sleep, too.
In this article, we’ve got reviews for five of the best and most popular baby humidifiers on the market today. These options are not designed specifically for nurseries, but they come with all the features you’re sure to be looking for when choosing a humidifier for your child’s room. Some even have built-in nightlights and can be doubly useful when you keep them in a nursery, too.
Read on to find the best humidifier for babies congestion. Any of these options is sure to help you find the right way to soothe your child and make it easier for him or her to breathe at night, as well.
Option #1. Bartnelli Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
The Bartnelli Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is a quiet and easy-to-use product that’s great for baby rooms. This option features seven different LED colored light settings and can be used as a nightlight as well as humidifier depending on your baby’s needs. With a one-gallon fill tank, it can be used for up to 24 hours without needing to be refilled.
- This offer can be used in any room of up to 500 square feet without worry.
- You can easily adjust the humidity output by just turning the knob on this simple and easy product.
- This choice has been known to develop a squeaking sound after it’s been used for some time, although this is rare.
- This option has also been known to develop leaks on rare occasions.
Option #2. Vicks Mini Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier
Bring home this Vicks Mini Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier when you’re looking for a smaller product that will still get the job done well. This offer is designed to hold up to a half-gallon of water and operate without the need for any filter media, so it’s great for portable use and smaller spaces, too.
- This choice comes in three different fun colors to give your baby’s room the right look every time.
- This humidifier is small enough to fit on top of just about any piece of furniture even in a room that doesn’t have much extra space to work with.
- Some customers find this option harder to keep clean and descale than some of the others listed here.
- This option is a noisier product than some of the others listed here and could affect your baby’s sleeping.
Option #3. Levoit Cool Mist Humidifier
For a humidifier with a larger fill tank than some of the others listed here, take a look at the Levoit Cool Mist Humidifier . This offer can hold up to 4.5 liters of water, making it one of the largest humidifiers on the market today for home use. This choice can be operated for up to 40 hours on one fill of this extra-large tank.
- The humidifier has a built-in nightlight function that works well for baby rooms.
- This option is a very quiet product that won’t keep your baby from sleeping while it’s running.
- Some customers report the power button stops working on this offer after a while.
- In some instances, even the highest setting of this humidifier may not be strong enough for very large rooms.
Option #4. Crane USA Humidifier
If you’re looking for something that works well for humidifying and looks great doing so, be sure to check out this Crane USA Humidifier . This offer features an anti-microbial design that prevents mold and bacteria buildup, and it can also be filled quickly and easily for up to 24 hours of use per fill.
- This choice is capable of working in rooms of up to 500 square feet.
- The humidifier is available in eight different fun colors to help you better match your baby’s room.
- Some customers report this choice getting false alarms and shutting off when there’s nothing actually wrong with it.
- The included directions may be difficult to understand.
Option #5. Hume Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
The Hume Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is a durable product that is sure to quickly become an important part of your child’s nursery. This humidifier is designed to run for up to 12 hours on one fill, and it features several settings to help you manage the output as well as the amount of time that it runs, too.
- This humidifier will shut off automatically when it runs out of water, so you don’t have to worry about it burning out or becoming damaged or unsafe when this happens.
- This option runs fairly quietly and won’t interrupt your child’s sleep.
- This humidifier can be a little more difficult to fill and clean than some of the others listed here.
- This offer has been known to wear out a little more quickly than some of the others listed here as well.
Which humidifier is best for baby congestion?
As you can see, there are a lot of great humidifiers for babies with colds out there. This choice may be tough for you to figure out which one is right for your needs, so make sure you take your time and consider all the specifications you may be looking for. For example, do you want a humidifier that runs quietly or one that makes some white noise? Do you need one with a nightlight, or do you prefer not to pay for this additional feature? How big of a fill tank do you need? Are you looking for something smaller that can sit on a desk or another small area in your child’s room?
There’s a lot to keep in mind when picking your baby’s new humidifier, but remember that if you go with any of these offers listed above, you’re sure to enjoy the results.
How can you tell if your humidifier for babies with colds is working? Can you make some adjustments to improve its effectiveness? If your baby’s congestion still seems to be about the same after using a humidifier for a few days, try moving it a little closer to your child’s crib or turning up the output. This can go a long way toward improving how well it works for your baby!
Last update on 2023-10-23 at 08:41 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.